Brown Rice Cooking



Tips For Cooking Rice 


Soak the brown rice for 2-3 hours and try cooking mtji . It should come out good. I mix soaked brown rice with quinoa ( equal ratio) just an option .. my kids started liking it with quinoa 

- I use Sona Masoori brown rice and  Water is 2.5 cups for 1 cup of rice 

Hope it helps mtji 

For me It takes app 20-25 min Mataji, I think it’s the initial pre-cook time. It precooks and then cooks for another 12 min -15 min or so .. but it comes out really nice. I never had any problems so far. 

Today I cooked with quinoa 

Came out good


One more thing to remember is how old is the rice since it got harvested. 

old rice grains may take a little more water than new rice grains. Try a small cup and see mtji , you’ll get an idea approximately.



Comments

Popular Posts