Bangalore Style Sambhar
Mataji today I tried the Bangalore type sambhar. It is a little watery and sweet. For this roast 3 tsp dhaniya, 2 sp channa dal, 1 tsp urad dal, 1/4 tsp methi, 1 tsp jeera, and 5-6 byadige chilies, Hing, as it becomes golden, add I tomato chopped and 1 small lemon sized fresh tamarind or I spoon tamarind paste. Grind to a smooth paste. Add oil in a kadhai. Add mustard jeera curry leaves, add the veggies you desire, boil with salt turmeric add the masala paste, add 1 tsp Mtr sambhar powder and dilute with water and let boil. Add 2 tsp jaggery powder. You can reduce the sweetness if you like. Then add 1/4 cup cooked Toor dal and continue to boil, check for salt. If you don’t have MTR powder then add 1-inch cinnamon in the masala while roasting, this gives that flavor of Bangalore style sambhar. Today I used bell peppers and pink radish. (The madras sambhar is very different )



Comments
Post a Comment